You may recall my announcement that the 2015 OCA Officers election will take place at the upcoming Annual General Meeting in March. (First Wednesday of the month, 4 March, 7PM, West Nbhd House/formerly St Chris, Oss/Dds, Morwood Room.)
The procedure calls for a Nominations Committee to prepare a slate of nominees, to be presented at the meeting one month prior to the election (nominations may also be made from the floor at the AGM). We (the Nom Ctee) were a bit tardy, but the slate has now been assembled. It runs as follows:
President: Shawn Winsor
VP: Jessica Wilson
VP2: Penny Carter
Treasurer: Rachel Horvath
Recording Secretary: Benj Hellie
Corresponding Secretary: Jennifer Horvath
Director: Michael Clark
Director: Stephen Colville-Reeves
Director: Robert Wasserman
* Shawn, the outgoing VP, has lived in the neighbourhood for many years
* Jessica, the OCA President since our 2012 chartering, has lived in the neighbourhood since 2007 and is also a Vice Chair of the citywide Coalition of Residents’ and Ratepayers’ Associations
* Penny, currently a Director, has lived in the neighbourhood for a number of years
* Rachel, currently a Director, has lived in the neighbourhood for a number of years
* I have been the OCA Corresponding Secretary since our 2012 chartering, and have lived in the neighbourhood since 2007
* Jennifer has been an active OCA member since the early days and has lived in the neighbourhood a number of years
* Michael is the mastermind behind Bellwoods Brewery and has been a good friend to the OCA for some time
* Stephen owns a number of heritage properties on Ossington and has been a much-appreciated collaborator since early days
* Robert is also a dedicated OCA member and long-term neighbourhood resident
The Nominations Committee offers its thanks to all members of the slate for volunteering to take up offices if elected. We are particularly excited to welcome Michael and Stephen to the ranks: their experience and perspective will be of great value in pursuing the group’s mission to promote the flourishing of the neighbourhood and its business districts. We also are profoundly grateful to Shawn, Rachel, and Jennifer for accepting the call to the OCA’s top operational offices: Jess, Rob Corkum, and I are very excited to pass the torch to this brilliant and energized trio.
Please note that the election takes place on Wednesday, March 4: nominations for all offices may be made from the floor prior to the election; we hope also to boost the ranks of the OCA Steering Committee, so all members are encouraged to attend the meeting, throw in their hats, and vote.
I hope to see you at the 2015 AGM!